It’s been 3 months since I ventured to the wilds of Omaha from the dirty south and I thought that I would fill you in on my opinion on what I have found during my time here. I think I will break it down by likes and dislikes and then maybe I will elaborate on a select few…..first up, DISLIKES:
- Omaha Drivers: I have never come across a mass of people in one place that can’t drive AT ALL. Everyone actually goes below the lame ass 60 mph speed limit on the highway which makes merging impossible. In fact every single day I drive home, a simple curve with 3 lanes merging turns into a stop sign because these people are ra’tards. Also, if it’s sunny everyone drives 40 mph, if it’s raining everyone drives 40 mph, if there is atree on the side fo the road with a plastic bag stuck in it everyone drives 40. Omaha driving skills are unacceptable.
- The never ending wind: Who the hell new the midwest is windy all year round?? Probably a midwesterner, but not this southern girl. Wear flowy skirts at your own risk.
- Lack of Chick-Fil-A and Waffle House. Need I say more? (yes I know there is some dinky Chick-fil-a in the Mutual of Omaha building, but that’s a pain in the ass to get to).
- Way too much Pepsi, not enough Diet Coke (forever to be lovingly dubbed DC)
- No SEC football. I guess it’s not your fault that you are part of a lame ass conference Nebraska.
- Omaha drivers: I hate them so much they get 2 spots.
- The fact that you have to have a license plate on the front of your car too. Very inconvenient for those with out a plate holder on the front.
- Booze on Sundays: This has eliminated much stress on a Saturday night. No longer must we stash our “Sunday Beer” because this great state sells on Sundays. Amen.
- Booze in Gas Stations and Walgreens: So weird to see Jack and Jim on the beverage aisles.
- Steak: An abundance of delicious cow at reasonable prices.
- That I’m surrounded by inferior college football teams
Well here’s to hoping that I can add a little more to this list as I continue to explore Nebraska.